††††††††† Oakland Valley Speedway
†††††††††††† Race Report by John Sainz
August 24, 2013: If you werenít at Oakland Valley Speedway last yesterday, you missed an awesome day of kart and slingshot racing. And, thanks to John Diotte and his crew, we had another great track surface to race on. Speeds were up and lap times were down. Great job John!! Thanks to the World Formula Modified Tour for stopping by and racing with us. These guys always put on a great show. Paul Pairo took the win, but he had Super Dave Parker right on his rear bumper most all of the twenty lap feature. Paul slipped up once, but Dave could just not get enough momentum to make the pass. Don Boonstra, who was right there with Dave, settled for third place. Great job guys!
†In our Junior Sportsman Champ 1 class, Dan the Man Goetz looked to be hooked up really well, and took the win. He may have had his hands fuul, with Robert the Rocket Mattera, had Robertís chain not fallen off at the start of the race. Lightning Mikey Jacques ran second for a good part of the race, but Johnny Double Duece Diotte got his Ultramax Champ rolling, starting well back in the field, to take control of second place at the end of the feature race. Lightning Mikey held on for third. Great race every week by all these young drivers. Always exciting to the end! In Junior Champ, Anthony Wood ran some very consistent lap times to pick up his tenth feature win of the season. Good to see Sean the Champ Glennon at the track today. Jessica Mattera had her Rage Champ rolling very well to take second place with Doug Goetz taking third.
†In the Mediums class, another well run race right to the end. Roger Belanger took the green at the start from the pole, only to have a very fast Thomas Radivoy and Scott Thomas hook up together and freight train him a couple laps later. Roger battled his way by Scott a couple laps later, then set his sights on Thomas Radivoy. Roger took the lead at the end and picked up yet another win. Thomas Radivoy held on for second. Meanwhile Scott faded at the end with kart trouble. Patrick Dempsey, who returned to the track after some time away, impressed with his third place finish. Our Senior Clone driver was Matt Kamna and our Animal Heavy driver was John DeBarber. In KT 100, Thomas Radivoy took the win. In Heavys, Scott Thomas took the win over Spencer Kronyak. In Senior Stock, Mark Stanley looked fast and took the win in his return to Oakland Valley Speedway. Kevin Morgan took second, with Mike Robson taking third.
†Our Junior Stock class saw a great race between Colin Belanger and Sean Glennon. Sean took the lead at the start, with Ryan Tani pushing him past Colin. Colin fell to third, and a couple laps later, got by Ryan for second. Sean had gotten out to a good lead, but Colin slowly reeled him in, finally getting by Sean with a few laps left. Sean made a final attempt to pass Colin, but slipped just a bit coming out of turn two, and Colin got away for the win. Sean held on for second with Flyin Ryan taking third. Our Junior 1 driver was John DeBarber, Jr. Our Kid Kart driver was Christopher Reiss, who battled a full field of great Kid Kart drivers to take home the checkers! In Junior 2, Tyler Belanger had his new Millenium Impulse working great tonight as he picked up another win. Milleniums are available from JK Performance kart shop located right at the track! See Johnny Diotte for details. Derek Salerno was our second place finisher with Owen Moore taking third. Joshua Gower continues to get better each week, keep up the good work Joshua!
†In the Senior Slingshot class, former Oakland Valley Speedway kart racer, Chris Predmore looked great out there in his Slingshot and picked up the win. Good to see former karters do well when they move up into other classes. Points leader Aaron Bush was the second place finisher with Ryan Neiger taking third. In Junior Slingshot, newcomer Tyler Peet looked like he had the track figured out in his debut and scored his first win here. Points leader Matt ZigZag DeRitter took home a second place finish with Tighe Sherlock finishing in third place. Our Rookie Slingshot class saw Jake the Drifter Mason pick up his first ever win in his new Junior Slingshot. Way to go Jake!! Gavin McClue took second. These two young drivers will be moving up to the regular class very soon.
†We are off next weekend for the Labor Day holiday, so we hope to see you all back here in two weeks! Tell your friends about our track! Or just bring them out!!! They will thank you for it! Check us out on Facebook too!
† Great track, great people, best dirt kart track in New York State! Come check it out!!
1. (28) Scott Thomas (13.565) fastest lap speed 53.078
2. (58) Spencer Kronyak (14.245)
Junior Sportsman Champ 1:
1. (18) Daniel Goetz (14.770) fastest lap speed 48.747
2. (22) Johnny Diotte,III (14.823)
3. (95) Michael Jacques (15.106)
4. (B4jr) Jake Mason (15.259)
5. (9) Arlen Devantoy (15.274)
6. (14) Robert Mattera
1. (27) Roger Belanger (13.544) fastest lap speed 53.160
2. (1x) Thomas Radivoy (13.684)
3. (414) Patrick Dempsey (13.749)
4. (77) Patrick Kelly (13.889)
5. (25) David Crisci (13.952)
6. (92) Sam Jennings,Jr (15.000)
7. (28) Scott Thomas (13.832)
1. (3) Mark Stanley (13.596)
2. (72) Kevin Morgan (13.806)
3. (6) Mike Robson (13.706)
4. (28) Tom Brundage (14.576)
1. (4) Colin Belanger (13.405) fastest lap speed 53.711
2. (37) Sean Glennon (13.472)
3. (8) Ryan Tani (14.135)
1. (34) Matt Kamna (13.709)
1. (57) John DeBarber (13.561)
1. (1x) Thomas Radivoy (13.051)
1. (1) Tyler Belanger (14.354) fastest lap speed 50.160
2. (4) Derek Salerno (14.689)
3. (6) Owen Moore (14.839)
4. (10) Joshua Gower (15.715)
1. 57) John DeBarber,Jr. (14.987)
1. (1) Christopher Reiss
1. (20) Anthony Wood (13.835) fastest lap speed 52.042
2. (02) Jessica Mattera (14.047)
3. (94) Douglas Goetz (13.887)
4. (04) Samantha Mattera (13.896)
5. (77) Sean Glennon (14.058)
1. (12t) Tyler Peet (14.430)
2. (03) Matt DeRitter (14.486)
3. (10) Tighe Sherlock (14.416) fastest lap speed 49.945
4. (01) Anthony Recchio (14.519)
1. (32) Chris Predmore (14.139)
2. (98) Aaron Bush (14.090) fastest lap speed 51.100
3. (5) Ryan Neiger (14.371)
1. (95) Jake Mason (15.444) fastest lap speed 46.620
2. (27) Gavin McClue (18.014)
World Formula Modified Tour:
1. (R7) Paul Pairo (13.886)
2. (38) David Parker (13.941)
3. (55) Don Boonstra (13.961)
See you at the track!!
Check our website for more information about our track at oaklandvalleyspeedway.com and like us on Facebook !